Monday, September 25, 2006

Photos, you want? Photos you shall have

After a lot of thought (about 5 seconds), I figured I'd start a new online photo gallery thingamajig. However, I don't trust myphotoalbum and photobucket and all those nonsense "free" sites anymore, so I decided to install Coppermine onto my ltd server.

It's supposed to be at http://snowburn.lightingthedark.org/gallery, but there seems to be something the matter with the subdomain, so for now, you can check it out at http://www.lightingthedark.org/snowburn/gallery.

I'm starting from the beginning of this year and will probably put most of my photos up till the current period, then go back and upload photos from pre-2006. It'll take a while, though, since the photos take a while to upload (as you might imagine).

Let me know what you think of Coppermine, though seeing as how I've already put up a fair amount of photos over the last couple of hours, I probably won't be too inclined to change to something else unless there's some big problem with it.

Oh, and I know the template's a bit plain; it's stock. Hey, but if you're reading this you should know by now that I'm way too lazy to bother designing a template (or even looking for one) for my own personal use, eh? I mean, look at this site. ;)

PS: Yes, I do indeed happen to know that most of the Malaysia Trip albums are empty. That's because I haven't finished loading those photos yet...sheesh...

No comments: